Microsoft Enterprise Library References / Signed Assemblies

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Hello

First I want to thank you very much for the impressive capabilities of the outlook connector.

We are currently evaluating your project. Because we are in a high secure environment, I have to check the source code and the linked assemblies. You are referencing the Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0, and I checked the assemblies against the original files provided by Microsoft.

As far as I can see,  4 assemblies are modified:

• Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll
  • Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll
  • Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.dll
  • Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll

These files differ in size and don't have the digital signature from Microsoft anymore. Unfortunately this will prohibit IT approval for us.

May you have additional informations about the modifications and/or the source code of them? Or maybe there is another reason for this?

Many thanks

Matt

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Not sure how it is linked that way, we were planing to use enterprise library in that version. But we have not had time to integrate it into our system. On the next version we will most likely remove those references as it is not in use.  

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thank you very much for your fast response.

Can you provide me an expected release date for the next version? If it is not too far away, we can wait for this.

Best regards,

Matthias