Edit Item Windows

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I have installed the add-in, and I love it!    Only one issue - The Edit Item window does not populate.  I have the title bar but no metadata.  How do I get the metadata to show up in the Edit Item window?

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Hi,

I don't have this problem in v2.9.3.3.  I assume it is related to the same problem in the versions after version 2.9.3.3.  The problem is that the metadata is not passed to the fields in the library when sent.  So I assume its having the same problem retrieving them.

If you install v2.9.3.3 it will work fine for you.  And when Serkant gets a chance to fix this issue we can update to the latest version then.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Brian

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Darn!  Unfortunately, I get the same results with 2.9.3.3.  I get the Edit Item window with the title bar but no metadata.  Any other ideas? 

Thanks.

Janelle

Jun 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Hi Janelle,

I was going to try a few more test but I see Serkant has released a new version 2.9.5.9 with the metadata fixed so I downloaded that version and tested it out.

The inserting and editing of metadata seems to be working fine.  The only thing I noticed is you must highlight the item by left clicking it before you right click and choose edit properties otherwise when you right click on an item and edit it, it will pull the properties from which ever item is highlighted last and not the one your right clicked on.

I also tested it on various library items/list items etc. and it is pulling the metadata in fine.  Also to note I am using Outlook 2007 with WSS v3.0.

Give the new version a go.

Brian.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Thanks Brian, but this version does not resolve the problem Janelle is having.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I will add some logging in the next build to understand why it does not populate the field controls in edit metadata window. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Thank you very much.  I look forward to getting the metadata functionality.  I have several clients that would love it!