Uploading Documents with Custom Metadata

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hello -

This product seems to be very good.  One thing I am curious about is whether it is possible to set custom metadata columns when uploading.  We use required metadata columns in libraries in order to check-in documents and if we could set these fields when uploading documents, this product would be perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Hi,

When you upload your email/file, it is displaying a form which allow you to set the metadata column values. You can also map these fields with email properties.

Serkant

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Serkant -

Thank you for the quick response.  When I upload a document, a box opens that has the name of my custom content type's name, but there is nothing in that box.

Our libraries have between 1 and 5 required metadata columns.  An example would be in a marketing site there would be a library called current marketing with a custom content type named Marketing Content Type with columns like Document Type (advertising, brochures, etc), Year (2010, 2011 etc), and State (KY, TX, CA).  If this were to draw in those columns on that box and allow the user to set those values, that is what we would want.

Is this possible? Thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM

please send the site template to serkantsamurkas@gmail.com and give the library and contenttype name.

On 3 Jun 2011 16:49, "kelllers1313" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Serkant -

Thank you for the quick response. When I upload a document, a box opens that has the name of my custom content type's name, but there is nothing in that box.

Our libraries have between 1 and 5 required metadata columns. An example would be in a marketing site there would be a library called current marketing with a custom content type named Marketing Content Type with columns like Document Type (advertising, brochures, etc), Year (2010, 2011 etc), and State (KY, TX, CA). If this were to draw in those columns on that box and allow the user to set those values, that is what we would want.

Is this possible? Thank you.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SPOutlook...

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Serkant -

Would it be possible for you to upload the updated source code so that I may look at this issue?

Thank you