Unable to Change Download Directory

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Hello

I have used SPOutlookConnector for sometime now (currently version 2.5.3.4) and have been very pleased with the way I have been able to strip attachments out of emails, upload them to a SharePoint library and replace them with a hyperlink to the SharePoint location.   Unfortunately it has stopped working in this way; I am unable to change the upload document library and get an error message when attempting to upload.  I am, however, able to drag and drop attachments into SharePoint.

I have attempted to change the upload destination by right clicking the folder emblem in the hierarchical tree and selecting "Set as email attachment folder" but when I select "Attachments to SP" in the Outlook ribbon the dialogue box shows the Upload destination as an old destination on a site that no longer exists.  Selecting upload results in an error message:

Method Name:GetFields
Exception Message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.GetCredential(EUSiteSetting siteSetting)
   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.GetListsWebService(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String webURL)
   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.GetFields(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String webUrl, String listName)

I have seen the same error message in other posts but have not been able to find a solution to this problem.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Please try this in the new alpha version, if this does not solve than I will have a look at that.

Here is the alpha version http://spoutlookconnector.codeplex.com/releases/view/64405

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have uploaded the Alpha version and retried loading emails from an Outlook email.  I used an email with 6 large attachments.

I was able to reset my email folder - so first problem solved.

The I pressed upload.  The first attachment was moved to SharePoint but no html link was inserrted in its place and an error occurred with error message:

Method Name:UploadFile
Exception Message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.UploadFile(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String listName, String rootFolderPath, String siteURL, String webURL, String copySource, String[] copyDest, Byte[] myByteArray, List`1 fields, MailItem emailItem, EUFieldInformations fieldInfoArray, EUListItem& listItem)

Hope you can help

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Sorry for late response, we will look into this one this week.

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

This issue is resolved with this version Please try.

http://spoutlookconnector.codeplex.com/releases/view/66453

May 17, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Thank you, I have installed the new release and all seems to be well after a couple of initial tests.  I look forward to using it for real.