To, From etc fields not populating.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:27 AM

I've created a list and mapped the fields correctly (internal Names).

When I upload an email, the subject and email body fields get populated, are attached. But the To, From CC, BCC, SentOn, and ReceivedTime all remain empty.

Any ideas?

cheers

MartyNZ

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I can also not figure out why this is not working.

When we upload an email, not one field gets populated.

I have tried all sorts of names for the columns, internal name etc, but the metadata just doesn't get copied.

gr John

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I can't seem to get my metadata to work either.  I've tried all kinds of things with no luck.  It will upload files, but no metadata.  Also, if I got to the Upload tab on the settings menu and then try to select Email Item (.msg) it allows me to check it, however, when I go back into settings it has changed back to Word document.  I'm using Outlook 2010 and SP 2010.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I have just uploaded a new version. It is an alpha version so you may have some problems. But there are lots of improvements on email mapping.

Here is the alpha version http://spoutlookconnector.codeplex.com/releases/view/64405

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Super! Thanks for the prompt reply

May 4, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I have tried the new alpha version and still it does not work. The connector gives a error. I can't send and after that it uploads de message but de metadata doesn't get copied.

Gr Hans

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

I could not replicate your issue. Are you using internal field names?

May 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I can send you a screen dump with the error:

Method Name:UploadFile
Exception Message:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.UploadFile(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String listName, String rootFolderPath, String siteURL, String webURL, String copySource, String[] copyDest, Byte[] myByteArray, List`1 fields, MailItem emailItem, EUFieldInformations fieldInfoArray, EUListItem& listItem)

I use the fieldnames given bij the dropdownlist of the tool.

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Did you try with the latest version, it may resolve it as I have fixed some similiar problems.

If not than can you provide more details about your library, it would be even better if you can save it as a template and send it to my email address which is serkantsamurkas@gmail.com

May 17, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Just downloaded and installed v9.2.2

Still getting the same issue.

Sharepoint server 2010, Outlook 2010 x32

mapped all fields with internal names. receive following error (also unable to send email from your message window):

Stack Trace:   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.UploadFile(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String listName, String rootFolderPath, String siteURL, String webURL, String copySource, String[] copyDest, Byte[] myByteArray, List`1 fields, MailItem emailItem, EUFieldInformations fieldInfoArray, EUListItem& listItem)

Cheers

MartyNZ

P.S. REALLY keen for this tool to work. Good luck.

P.P.S. Have now tried to install on Windows 7 x64 machine, Office 2010 x86. Install failed with following message:

Name: Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector

From: file:///E:/Toolkit/Microsoft/SharePoint/Tools & Webparts/SharePointOutlookConnector V2.9.2.2/SharePointOutlookConnector/Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.vsto

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

P.P.P.S. I have sent the template to your gmail address.

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Hi Marty,

http://spoutlookconnector.codeplex.com/releases/view/66531

Should fix the problem.

May 18, 2011 at 3:23 AM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Sorry still not working

Method Name:CreateListItem
Stack Trace:   at Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector.BLL.SharePointManager.CreateListItem(EUSiteSetting siteSetting, String rootFolderPath, String webUrl, String listName, String title, String body)

Above when trying to drag email to a list.

Below when to a document library

cheers

Martyn

Coordinator
May 25, 2011 at 4:38 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.