Additional MetaData

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Can the outlook connector be configured to ask for additional metadata about the email?  For example if I want to ask for some non email related fields like account number or description.

Today we would you required fields on a document library and make work provide the prompt through the office ribbon.

Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Currently it does not support that, I will note that for the next version.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Hi,

Nice to see editing metadata capabilities is added.

Would it be possible to allow selecting from dropdown, or do a multiselect when avail, when it is a lookup metadata field?

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Currently SPOutlookConnector covers most of the base field types such as Text, Number, Date, Choice, Lookup and also allow choice and lookup as multiselection when it is configured that way in the sharepoint.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Serkant

Thanks for all of your work.  I have downloaded the new version and have added some custom fields to the library.  When I drag an email over to the library, the new box comes up asking for information for my custom fields.  However, when I type in that information and save the email, when I view the document in the library none of the custom information is saved.  Is this a bug or something I am doing wrong?

Thanks again

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

Just to add to this.  I have been using Version 2.9.3.3 and the metadata for fields and dropdowns etc. was working fine.  I just updated to the latest version released today v2.9.5.6 and the metadata doesn't seem to be working so I recommend installing v2.9.3.3.

Serkant, maybe you could have a quick look and see if there was something changed to cause the metadata not to be inserted.  Also as an extra ;) when using a drop-down it would be great if I was able to type the name of the item in the drop-down and it would jump to it.  At the moment I can only type the first letter of an item then scroll through and pick the item.

Cheers

Brian

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Thanks for the useful comments, I will try to check this tonight.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM

This version should resolve the problem

http://spoutlookconnector.codeplex.com/releases/view/68460

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Thank you.  I am testing today.  If you dont mind, I have another question or two....

Is it possible to only configure the connector to see an individual list instead of all lists from a site.  I would want to limit the input to only a specific list so that indivudals might not drag the file to the wrong list.

Also,  would it be possible to allow the screen at the bottom to be hidden in configuration?  I am afraid that if my list gets large, then it could be a real performance drain if the list had to pull back and show all the documents in the list.

What do you think?  Awesome work by the way.

Ryan

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:31 AM

Hi,

Good work!

Couple of questions...

Would it be possible to move e-mails instead of copying?

When I add a column that is a lookup from "external data" (another list in SP), it doesn't show up in the dialog...shouldn't it?

Jon