Cannot upload and cannot attach

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

Thank you for this very usuful tool. The add-in installed without problem. I could see the panel with the libraries. When i upload an email, in the dialog box (email Upload) the status is completed.

I found the email uploaded in C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Sobiens\SharePointOutlookConnector, but the email is not uploaded in the sharepoint library.

And also, il i attach from the library the documents, and click attach from the dialog box, nothing happen, but i notice if the library is empty, the attach button launch the new email window.

Outlook 2007 SP2

MOSS : 2007 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2 64 bits

The log contains :

25.02.2010 16:36  Entered ThisAddIn_Startup
25.02.2010 16:36  Initializing SharePointExplorerPane
25.02.2010 16:36  Setting reference of application object
25.02.2010 16:36  Adding SharePointExplorerPane
25.02.2010 16:36  Making SharePointExplorerPane visible
25.02.2010 16:36  Exiting ThisAddIn_Startup

Thank you and best regards

Houari

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Thanks for very useful information, it made easier to find the problems. Both problems have been fixed and included in V 1.1.3.7 . This version also supports SharePoint 2010 if you are interested :)

Thanks again very good comment :).

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for your quickly answer, but with the version v 1.1.3.7, i can't have the panel in outlook.  The add-in is not loaded. In outlook, menu tools, and COM Add-Ins. Sobiens.Office.SharePointOutlookConnector is unchecked. If i check it, the message in this dialog box is Load Behavior : Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM-Add-in. I noticed also, that the directory  C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Sobiens\SharePointOutlookConnector is not created.

Thank you and best regards

Houari

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM

It seems like there is a problem with version 1.1.3.7, I rolled it back. I will investigate and publish it soon.

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Try this version, that problem should be resolved.

In this version Saving email as list item and and emails attachments as list item attachments functionality has been added.

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM

The Version 1.2.2.8 seems  resolving some problems for me:

- I can upload in libraries with metadata also

- I can sometimes upload in lists but not always (i didn't find why , there is no special caracters in filename, but it seems to me that if the email has attachment, this works) . I received only body and subject like metadata.

Thanks and best regards

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I could not replicate the issue you are having. Is it happening on a specific email? Or for the one email it sometimes complete the process but sometimes not?

I am happy to investigate this, If there is a possibility that you can supply problematic emails to me. Please email to serkantsamurkas@gmail.com